Electronic protractor

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

maxs
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Electronic protractor

Post by maxs » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:43 pm

Is there any way to make a protractor so when the user drags the tip of the line it will display the angle of the line in a text field?

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:14 am

Hi Maxs,

Of course, there are ways to do this. Where do you get stuck?

I suggest you check out the newImage and newGraphic messages, if you want the angle to be visible when creating a new line using Rev's line tool. If you want something else, I propose you tell us what you are trying to do exactly and then the readers of this forum can try to help.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

maxs

Electronic protractor

Post by maxs » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:18 am

Thanks, Mark,

Rule number 1- Be clear and concise.

I would like to show students how to find angles on a protractor. I have a graphic of a protractor, and I overlayed a graphic of an arrow. How nice it would be if the user can drag the tip of the arrow over the part of the protractor, and a text field would identify the degree of the angle.

Well, I did notice that the angle function can return the angle of polygons, so I was thinking that there may be an easy way do it.

So if anyone can help, feel free to display any intellctual superiority. Thanks, Max

Benedikt.Seidl

Post by Benedikt.Seidl » Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:49 am

that sounds like, you'll make also other software you could use the ae. i use it very often. you could also code it yourself, but it is not that easy, i also tried it and gave up.

to come back to the ae: there are two funktions called findangle() and pointoncircle() so you could easy draw a line and display the angle.

SEIDL.

maxs

Thank you

Post by maxs » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:32 am

That's it. I just purchased Arcade engine. I think that will do the trick. Max

Thank you.javascript:emoticon(':wink:')

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”