LiveCode crashes a lot

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

colleenthompson@mac.com

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 pm

heatherlaine wrote:Something worth mentioning here - the thread opened with cavenewt saying that they were using LC Commercial 6.1.1-rc-2. Please be aware that rc releases are not stable, shipping releases. They are test releases (rc stands for Release Candidate). If you experience issues with an rc release you might try reverting to the last stable build, which will have no letters after its name - 6.1.0. We would also appreciate a bug report, here:

http://quality.runrev.com
Heather, thank you for your interjection —I was wondering about that. Everybody else seemed to be using the rc version so I thought that was acceptable. I have reverted to 6.1.0 and will see how that goes. I would really like to be able to use the project browser with thumbnails!

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: colleenthompson@mac.com

Post by FourthWorld » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:02 pm

cavenewt wrote:
heatherlaine wrote:Everybody else seemed to be using the rc version so I thought that was acceptable.
I only ship with final releases, but I do most of my work with RCs specifically because they still need testing, and my daily work makes a helpful testbed.

But if you're not in a position to help with Beta testing, sticking with the final releases is definitely a better way to go.
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

walkerl26

Re: LiveCode crashes a lot

Post by walkerl26 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm also seeing semi-frequent behavior in the Project Browser where I will click on an object and get a message like "the object you have selected no longer exists." Quitting LC and restarting gives sane behavior again. I have not tried just closing the Project Browser and reopening it, but will do that the next time...

Larry

Return to “Summer School 2013”