iOS certificates?

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

DR White

iOS certificates?

Post by DR White » Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm

I cannot load my compiled LC program to my iPhone.
I get 3002 error. I believe it is related to the Development Profile.
My Development Certificate ends in a different ID number than my Distribution Certificate.
I have created at least 12 Development profiles today, trying different things, but have had no success.
I researched this issue for the last 6 hours and the general consensus I found is they are suppose to have different ID number.
But in the past, when my Development and Distribution certificates ended with the same ID number I did not have any problems loading my LC compiled program on to my iPhone?

Can someone within this forum confirm whether or not Development and Distribution certificates should end with the same ID number?

Thank you,

David

Klaus

Re: iOS certificates?

Post by Klaus » Fri May 10, 2024 10:13 am

Hi David,

I never cheked the IDs of my certificates, so I cannot tell if that is the case.
But to be sure, you did add the UDID of your iPhone/iPad to the Dev profile?

Best

Klaus

DR White

Post by DR White » Fri May 10, 2024 12:33 pm

Klaus,

Yes. I have loaded many other LC apps to my phone previous to getting a new laptop.
This problem started when I starting using my new laptop, about a year ago. I worked with
tech support for a while and when I told them was not using Apple Xcode for development that stopped
their support. For the past year, my phone iOS was not compatible with LC, but now with the
latest release of LC, my phone iOS 17 matches LC iOS 17. So I have started to work once again to being
able to use my phone as a test device for development, but of course so far have unsuccessful.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Fri May 10, 2024 1:35 pm

Hi David,

hm, that should work...

I had checked my profiles and the distribution and developer profiles for the same app do NOT end with the same ID number.
So that does not seem to be the problem.

Sorry, no brilliant idea in the moment.

Best

Klaus

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Fri May 10, 2024 6:55 pm

Did you manually export your certificates from the old Mac to the new one? Using a backup won't work.
https://help.apple.com/xcode/mac/current/#/dev8a2822e0b

You can also use Keychain to export/import.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

DR White

Post by DR White » Fri May 10, 2024 11:07 pm

Jacque,

No. At that time, I didn't know to that.

I just downloaded Xcode from App Store and tried to create new certificates. That's when I started to have problems.
I then went back and exported them to my new computer, but since had new certificates already made in new computer, it did not fix my problem.

Then I went back to my old computer and try to create certificates, but now the Development certificates using my old computer had a different team ID than the Distribution certificates (like my new computer).

Jacque, could you look at your iPhone certificates and see if your Distribution and Development have the same team ID or not?

Thanks

jacque

Post by jacque » Sat May 11, 2024 8:12 pm

Yes, all certs need to have the same ID. You can see it in your developer account. I'm not sure how you could get a different one, unless it was because you originally copied over the credentials from a backup. Maybe Apple somehow assigned you a new one to avoid misuse in case your old one was pirated. That seems like a stretch though.

I think I'd just delete everything from your Mac, old and new certs, and start over with your newly-assigned ID. I've never had to deal with that but see if it works.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”