Question about the Icon Button

This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

williamdesmet
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Question about the Icon Button

Post by williamdesmet » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:37 am

I bought myself a new license and I really love the new MOBGUI!
I am playing with it right now and I have a question about the Icon Button:
How do I get the text field (with the icon on the left side) more to the left so that it stays there?
When I edit the group I can put it more to the left but whenever I change the icon or color it moves back to its original place.
Do I have to edit the behavior?
I want the achieve the iOS 7 look as close as possible and therefore the text needs to be closer to the icon.

And another question:
The back and forward arrows from Mobguicons-4 look great and they are used in Safari.
On Mail there is a smaller, thicker blue backward arrow.
Any change we can see this one in a font?

Keep up the good work.

Greetings,

William

splash21

Re: Question about the Icon Button

Post by splash21 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi, William - thanks for the feedback. I've just realised the same thing over the last couple of days while working on an app : that we need to be able to close the gap between icon and text. You can alter the behavior if you wish (search for 'tPadding'), but I'll have an update ready soon and the smaller thicker arrows will also be included with the fonts!
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

williamdesmet

Post by williamdesmet » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Wow that's good news!
Can't wait for the updates :-)
Thanks John!

splash21

Post by splash21 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:58 pm

I added some extra properties to shift the text around on icon buttons, but there seems to be a problem when fields with different margin settings are scaled. If the fields line up and look OK in the IDE, I would expect them to still look OK when scaled up for retina, etc. Unfortunately, they don't! This means that what looks OK for scale 1 may not look very nice at different screen densities / resolutions. I'm going to submit a bug report to see if it IS a bug, or if I'm missing some important info. In the meantime, I've updated the fonts download to include mobguicons-5. At the moment, it's just some smaller, thicker left and right arrows in place of the 'Q' and 'q' characters, but I'll add more icons as requests come in.

Here's the problem;
TextVAlignment.png

splash21

Post by splash21 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:35 pm

I've just updated the web site with a V1.2 download. I think I have a solution that seems to work pretty well for the different fonts and sizes that I've been testing with so far, so we'll see what kind of feedback it gets! :D

The icons button now has some extra options to let you shift the text horizontally and vertically when the icon is positioned to the left or right of the text. The text can also be shifted vertically when the icon is positioned above the text.

I hope this solves the problem - let me know if the smaller, thicker arrows are OK or if we need some additional sizes!

Return to “MobGUI”