UI/ icon artists, for OS X10.5 & Vista

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Obleo

UI/ icon artists, for OS X10.5 & Vista

Post by Obleo » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:50 pm

I been trying to locate icon artists that support the new Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard Resolution Independence Icon guidelines. It has not been easy to locate any icon artist's that yet support these new UI icon formats, sizes and vector art.

Is anyone currently working with or knows any UI artists that are currently supporting Leopard icon and UI art guidelines for Resolution Independence?

I found a few that support Vista new sizes, but where no willing to jump the sizes to support 1024X1024 for mac.

If anyone knows of any artists that support this, I would be interested in that info.

thanks.

Lynn

Re: UI/ icon artists, for OS X10.5 & Vista

Post by Lynn » Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:53 pm

Obleo wrote:I been trying to locate icon artists that support the new Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard Resolution Independence Icon guidelines. It has not been easy to locate any icon artist's that yet support these new UI icon formats, sizes and vector art.

Is anyone currently working with or knows any UI artists that are currently supporting Leopard icon and UI art guidelines for Resolution Independence?

I found a few that support Vista new sizes, but where no willing to jump the sizes to support 1024X1024 for mac.

If anyone knows of any artists that support this, I would be interested in that info.

thanks.
Do you have a link to thee guidelines?
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:08 am

As it is a pre release there no link to official documentation by the internet. If you have an Select or Premier membership it is with in xcode 3.0 documentation package

I ended up emailing apple ADC site and they had me go to icon factory ( they support this and have links to other artist that also support these changes)

They also sell the application plug in called Icon Builder which also supports these new standards and also have documentation on this for at least icons.

ver 8.1 of Icon Builder download is a free upgrade (even if you do not have it , download and read the user guide gives the needed info) with in the package read the user guide pdf they list most of the same info they list it under Future OS.

icon factory page link

-ob

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:37 am

I work for an company where I get to use the pre released tools and the 10.5 build, since they pay for it. So I am sure most people will wait for the free version with the OS. What I getting at is you can still see what effect the resolution will have using OSX 10.4

If you have the xcode 2.2 or 2.4 developer tools installed on a machine, go to performance tools folder/ The Quartz Debug app. and from the menu-bar go to tools/show user interface resolution.

Here the documentation from 10.4 some of it has changed, but it will still shows the problems that will develop using small bitmap art for windows, and icons etc.
Info Link

The only issue is I believe, tell me if I am wrong. Revolution does not yet support multi-resource TIFF file, which is the format that handles this problem.

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:28 am

Obleo wrote:As it is a pre release there no link to official documentation by the internet. If you have an Select or Premier membership it is with in xcode 3.0 documentation package

I ended up emailing apple ADC site and they had me go to icon factory ( they support this and have links to other artist that also support these changes)

They also sell the application plug in called Icon Builder which also supports these new standards and also have documentation on this for at least icons.

ver 8.1 of Icon Builder download is a free upgrade (even if you do not have it , download and read the user guide gives the needed info) with in the package read the user guide pdf they list most of the same info they list it under Future OS.

icon factory page link

-ob
Thanks for the information! Its incredible that they support icons up to 1024x1024. That's like a touch screen size for the Jolly Green Giant! :-)
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Return to “Off-Topic”