bouncy behavior

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

lupuss

bouncy behavior

Post by lupuss » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:05 pm

So far my iOS apps don't show the springy, bouncy behavior typical for the way iPhone windows switch or hit the border and bounce back. I thought it might come in what is referred to in the iOS release notes as touch-events, but could not find any further references such as in the LiveCode dictionary. Is there any document that teaches how to create such behaviors without going into XCode?

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: bouncy behavior

Post by splash21 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:32 pm

Hi, Lupuss. I uploaded a stack to revOnline called 'Finger' some time ago as a starting point for this kind of stuff. It seemed to work well on Windows, but when I got a Mac I noticed that it behaved very differently. I've not done any more work on it, but I did try it on an iPod and it worked OK. The stack has some simple ease in and out functions that may help you get started.

JC.
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

bn

Post by bn » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:42 am

Hi Lupuss,

look at this http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/viewtop ... =49&t=6174

There is a link to a stack I made that shows a scrolling list field with bounce. It uses the new code for iOS/revmobile.

The same can be applied to other objects if you group them.

Maybe this helps.

Kind regards
Bernd

lupuss

Post by lupuss » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:40 am

splash21 wrote:Hi, Lupuss. I uploaded a stack to revOnline called 'Finger' some time ago as a starting point for this kind of stuff. It seemed to work well on Windows, but when I got a Mac I noticed that it behaved very differently. I've not done any more work on it, but I did try it on an iPod and it worked OK. The stack has some simple ease in and out functions that may help you get started.

JC.
Hi JC
I tried your stack on MacOS 10 and it works impressively well in the simulator (I don't have a real device yet - waiting for the next gen iPad...)
Thank you,
RoWo

Return to “iOS Deployment”