RunRev 2.9 beta DP2 & Linux & Accentuated characters

Deploying to Linux? Get penguinated here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dany_cohen

RunRev 2.9 beta DP2 & Linux & Accentuated characters

Post by dany_cohen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:11 pm

Hi,

I downloaded yesterday the DP2 beta version of RunRev 2.9.

This version run directly under my Mandriva 2007 (The DP1 don't, it will only run if you unset many local system variables...).

BUT,

1) The accentuated characters (é è à ç ù ê ï...) of my French keyboard don't work. I tried to change the "extendkey" to 1/2/3/4/5 without any result.

The DP1 haven't this problem, but my enterprise versions of 2.2.1 and 2.0.1 have a similar problem (I eventually make a "on preopenstack" script for re-mapping the keyboard with the "on keydown")

2) The GTK theme of stack controls don't change if I change it in the Metacity theme switcher (Gnome). All controls look as the "Ora" Mandriva standard theme and don't change as other GTK applications (Abiword, The Gimp...)

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Dan

Tim

Post by Tim » Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:01 pm

Hi Dan,

Well, I am glad that DP-2 at least runs without having to unset all the LANG stuff!

Re: your problems

1. I don't know about this one - I've entered it into RQCC database and will look into it for DP-3

2. In order to speed up the system, we cache images of all the controls. When you change theme's this does not effect the images in the cache - thus you will still get the old theme'd controls. I will add code to clear the cache on a theme change in DP-3 ( and enter this in RQCC).

Best Regards,

Tim.

dany_cohen

Post by dany_cohen » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:08 pm

Hi Tim,

OK

Thank you very much for this very fast response and for the great tech support (one of the bests in this business I think).

Regards,

Dan

dany_cohen

Post by dany_cohen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:59 pm

Hi,

I downloaded the DP3 beta version today.

1°) The accentuated characters (é è à ç ù ê ï...) of my French keyboard still don't work. It works only if I unset the LANG stuff. It would be a pain for my end users to run a shell script for unsetting/setting the LANG stuff evry time they run a runrev made application...

On the other side, the DP1 standalone
don't have a such bug. DP2 and DP3 standalones and revolution engines don't let me type accentuated characters.

This is a very disappointing bug...

2°) The GTK theme of stack controls still don't change if I change it in the Metacity theme switcher (Gnome): it makes a "segmentation fault" !!!!!!

It's the first time that I have a seg fault with runrev (and I use it since the old version 1.1).

Please.. please.. correct this bug !!!!

Dan

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:31 pm

Hi Dan,

Re 1 : We did not have time to look into the accented characters for the DP-3 release --- however, it is on the list of bugs to be fixed before the first RC. I am hoping to get it fixed for the dp-4 release.

Re 2 : Interesting! I tried this on all the versions of linux etc that we have in the office and it worked fine. Could you give me more details? Distro, theme engine etc.. Also, does it happen with any stack or just with a specific stack?

Thanks,

Tim.

dany_cohen

Post by dany_cohen » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:56 pm

Hi Tim,

My distro is: Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Free.

My Theme engine is: Metacity for Gnome 2.18.0
You can see distrowatch for more specifications (I have a standard French localized installation of Mandriva)

I have this bug for a very simple "standalone" stack (a new stack with a button and a field with a scrollbar saved as standalone app). This is a very strange bug !

Regards,

Dan

Tim

Post by Tim » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:25 pm

Hi Dan,

Thanks for this info. Does it happen when you are using the IDE as well? I must admit, I am not sure I checked this bug with standalones - I will have a look when I get back into the office on Moday (New Years Eve! Now that's dedication! :D )

Tim.

dany_cohen

Post by dany_cohen » Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:28 am

Hi Tim,

The seg fault occurs only with standalones.

But if I try to change the gtk theme with the runrev ide on the screen, clicking on any stack makes them disappear. Then, if I launch the runrev ide, the new gtk themed controls look fine.

Happy new year,

Dan

Return to “Linux”