Core Animation?

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jtangen
Livecode Opensource Backer

Core Animation?

Post by jtangen » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:01 pm

Any idea whether Rev will support core animation in future versions under Leopard? Is someone currently developing for Leopard?

marielle

Re: Core Animation?

Post by marielle » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:23 pm

jtangen wrote:Any idea whether Rev will support core animation in future versions under Leopard? Is someone currently developing for Leopard?
I assume you already know of the "Core Image Sampler.rev". It's in the Resources -> Examples -> Core Image Sampler.rev folder of your revolution distribution. At least it is in mine.

I would assume that it should be possible do something similar for Core Animation. I haven't looked into that, so I can't answer any more precisely.

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 pm

Apparently you can direct Core Animation from Core Image and Quartz at least that what they claim. If that the case it should not be that hard.

I would assume that Core Animation will be like all the other core libraries and pre installed onto all systems of 10.5 If we can access Quartz and CI now with Rev I would assume CA should be no different.

If you want an advance start you could get the 10.5 developer kit. Currently that is the only way to get any full documentation on this new technology or really anything about 10.5 unless you go to one of the developer seminars that they are holding.

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:57 pm

I can confirm it works with Revolution.

Return to “Mac OS”