libvorbis as external

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

deebee
Livecode Opensource Backer

libvorbis as external

Post by deebee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:09 pm

I would like to control the playback of ogg audio in Revolution without calling another program. Is it possible to wrap the libvorbis DLL into an external for rev?

mwieder
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: libvorbis as external

Post by mwieder » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:32 pm

Possibly - are you thinking of writing the external yourself? The Xiph site doesn't seem to contain any documentation for the playback api, just for files and encoding. That makes it a bit hard. But from glancing at the vorbisfile api, the functions look well-written and writing rev wrappers for them doesn't look like a difficult task.

deebee

Re: libvorbis as external

Post by deebee » Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

I'm not sure if I'm up to writing it myself yet or not. I'm a newbie at programming anything other than xhtml/xml, and picked up Revolution to get started learning. So far it's pretty intuitive and I'm enjoying it. I know nothing about really about dlls, so maybe I can read up on it some more and take a crack at it.
If I get too frustrated with it I will probably just cashfarm it out to somebody who knows what they're doing. :wink:

Return to “Using Externals”