skinning external

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

shadowslash

skinning external

Post by shadowslash » Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:35 am

Is anybody here capable enough to make an external that hooks to the functionalities of SkinCrafter?

If you haven't heard of SkinCrafter, here is the website: http://www.skincrafter.com/.

It supports majority of the Windows programming languages such as .NET based applications, MS Visual C++, MS Visual Basic, Borland Delphi. (See Here)
If I know it correctly, externals in RunRev for Windows are coded using VIsual C++ so if anybody is skilled enough, you can create the SkinCrafter external Windows RunRev. It would really be a big help to programmers who are now bored with the same Windows' controls and are too busy coding to create skins which by the way is tedious to implement. Also SkinCrafter comes with some set of skins ready to be used on your program w/c are also submitted by other SkinCrafter users.

Please don't take this for granted... Image
Parañaque, Philippines

BarrySumpter

Re: skinning external

Post by BarrySumpter » Wed May 04, 2011 9:55 am

+1
Now that would be super cool!
All my best,
Barry G. Sumpter

Deving on WinXP sp3-32 bit. LC 5.5 Professional Build 1477
Android/iOS/Server Add Ons. OmegaBundle 2011 value ROCKS!
2 HTC HD2 Latest DorimanX Roms
Might have to reconsider LiveCode iOS Developer Program.

shaosean

Re: skinning external

Post by shaosean » Wed May 04, 2011 5:13 pm

I doubt it would work in Rev as the controls you see are not "real" system controls, but emulated controls.. but I could be wrong..

Return to “Using Externals”