Experience with Franklin3D, anyone ?

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Yann

Experience with Franklin3D, anyone ?

Post by Yann » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:05 pm

Since it has been present in the RunRev store for a while, I find it pretty surprising not to see any reported experience about the use of Franklin3D in the LiveCode environment, here in the forums. A simple forum search brings only 4 answers, related to 2 threads...

So : are there any Franklin3D owners here, and could they share their experience ? do they see it as a really viable solution ? how is the support ? did they succeed in deploying revlets ? what about the mobile platforms ? etc...

SparkOut

Re: Experience with Franklin3D, anyone ?

Post by SparkOut » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:12 pm

I got Franklin 3D as part of a Christmas mega-bundle deal a little while back. I "tested" it with some of the accompanying material and some links, and thought "this is pretty nifty, I will be really pleased to get stuck in when I have a target to justify the learning curve. You guessed it... it's still not something I have been able to revisit so far. So, unhelpful though it may be, all I can say is, it looks like it will be a great tool in the hands of someone who can use it. Answering your specific questions... 'fraid I can't, although I would like to.

Yann

Re: Experience with Franklin3D, anyone ?

Post by Yann » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:10 pm

Thanks for your answer, SparkOut. In the meantime, I noticed a download section with demo versions, for those interested : http://franklin3d.com/downloads

Return to “Using Externals”