Valentina XCMD All That's Needed for Valentina DB Dev?

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

toledor

Valentina XCMD All That's Needed for Valentina DB Dev?

Post by toledor » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:20 am

Through my purchase of Revolution recently, I was fortunate enough to be eligible for a free Valentina XCMD license. I am curious, however: in order to develop Valentina DB solutions with Rev, do I need to also purchase the Valentina database? Does my Valentina XCMD include an embedded Valentina database, or does the XCMD merely provide connectivity?

Lynn

Re: Valentina XCMD All That's Needed for Valentina DB Dev?

Post by Lynn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:59 am

toledor wrote:Through my purchase of Revolution recently, I was fortunate enough to be eligible for a free Valentina XCMD license. I am curious, however: in order to develop Valentina DB solutions with Rev, do I need to also purchase the Valentina database? Does my Valentina XCMD include an embedded Valentina database, or does the XCMD merely provide connectivity?
The VXCMD is an engine that lets you create databases, query, modify, etc - it is the embedded engine, its not a connector really, though I think you can trick it into opening database files over a network.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

toledor

Post by toledor » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:40 pm

Lynn, thank you for the verification. What prompted the question was what I read on the runrev online store regarding the Valentina 2 External: "** Requires separate installation of Valentina, Revolution does not bundle the actual Valentina application.
". Thank you again.

Lynn

Post by Lynn » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:22 pm

toledor wrote:Lynn, thank you for the verification. What prompted the question was what I read on the runrev online store regarding the Valentina 2 External: "** Requires separate installation of Valentina, Revolution does not bundle the actual Valentina application.
". Thank you again.
Glad to be of help :-)
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

Return to “Databases”